This Website collects some Personal Data from its Users.
1.0 Dovetail and Data Controller
Dovetail Unit 414, 1-45 Durham Street, London, SE11 5JH
Dovetail contact email: email@example.com
2.0 Types of Data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Website collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Cookies and Usage Data.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Website and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to Dovetail.
3.0 Mode and place of processing the Data
3.1 Methods of processing
Dovetail takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data. The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to Dovetail, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Website (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by Dovetail. The updated list of these parties may be requested from Dovetail at any time.
3.2 Legal basis of processing
Dovetail may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations Dovetail may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Dovetail is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Dovetail;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Dovetail or by a third party.
In any case, Dovetail will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at Dovetail’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by Dovetail to safeguard their Data. If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with Dovetail using the information provided in the contact section.
3.5 Retention time
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between Dovetail and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of Dovetail’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by Dovetail within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting Dovetail.
Dovetail may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, Dovetail may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority. Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
3.6 The purposes of processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow Dovetail to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Analytics.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
4.0 Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable Dovetail to monitor and analyse web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behaviour.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
4.2 Content Management System
WordPress is a Content Management System licenced under the General Public License (GPLv2 or later). WordPress generates a session cookie when you visit this site, which is erased when you close your browser. Dovetail’s site does not use the session cookie for anything. Session cookies are temporary cookie files, which are erased when you close your browser. They are used for remembering browsing data, e.g. to keep you logged into a site or to save a preference or theme, where these features are used. These cookies do not collect any personal data.
5.0 The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by Dovetail.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by Dovetail, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, Dovetail will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from Dovetail.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
5.1 Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in Dovetail or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Dovetail, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether Dovetail is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
5.2 How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to Dovetail through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by Dovetail as early as possible and always within one month.
6.0 Additional information about Data collection and processing
6.1 Legal action
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by Dovetail in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related Services. The User declares to be aware that Dovetail may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
6.2 Additional information about User’s Personal Data
6.3 System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Website (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
6.4 Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from Dovetail at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
6.5 How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Website does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honour the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
7.0 Definitions and legal references
7.1 Personal Data (or Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
7.2 Usage Data
Information collected automatically through this Website (or third-party services employed in this Website), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Website, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Website) and the details about the path followed within the Website with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using this Website who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
7.4 Data Subject
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
7.5 Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
7.6 Data Controller (Dovetail)
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Website. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is Owner of this Website.
7.7 This Website
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by this Website as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this website.
7.9 European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Small sets of data stored in the User’s device.
8.0 Legal information
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).